Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good Choices Bad Choices

A quick update on my life: I've officially moved into my dorm and begun the college life. I won't have access to a kitchen anymore (unless I drop by my sister's) so my posts on cooking will probably go down. I've still got some meals in the bank though, with pictures conveniently saved on my camera phone. Also, classes start tomorrow.

It's been a while since I last posted anything. Perhaps it's from the guilt. You see, I've been bad. Now that I can't cook and have to eat at the dining hall, I know that my nutrition will be less than ideal. But that doesn't mean I can't promise myself to make better choices. Well at least that was the plan. I am still in the awkward freshman phase, and maybe it's my yearning for social acceptance that has compromised my eating. I didn't want to be the guy who refused to buy ice cream when we were all out on some excursion. Nor did I want to be the guy who was on the crazy low-carb caveman diet. I've been eating all kinds of junk (particularly cookies, why are they so delicious?) and haven't even been taking my fish oil!

That's not to say I haven't made any good meal choices. Here are some pictures.

Photobucket

Good Choice (Meat Loaf, Carrots, and Salad with Feta Cheese)

Photobucket

Bad Choice (Clam Chowder in Bread Bowl, Terriyaki Chicken with Rice, and Lasagna. No I did not eat this on my own)

Photobucket

Good Choice (Seasoned Tilapia, Fresh Salad, and Hong Shao Pork)

Photobucket

Really Bad Choice (Junk)

I can't say I don't enjoy eating junk food, I don't think I'm ever happier. It just happens to make me feel like shit after.

Not only has my nutrition been poor but I've also been lazy. The plan was to Crossfit at least three times a week as well as try to be active on the other days depending on how tired/sore I was. Ends up I only Crossfitted once this week earlier today. The freshmen fifteen is in the very near future.

Crossfit Session:
  1. Dynamic Warmup
  2. Sumo Deadlift High Pull Technique Overview
  3. 1 Round Tabata of SDHP at 30 kg.
  4. Push Jerk 5x5 (see below for loads)
  5. WOD (see below)
Push Jerk: 5-5-5-5-5
Load (kg): 20-30-35-40-50

WOD: 5 rounds for time of
5 Deadlifts (70 kg, Rx'd is 125)
10 burpees

Time: 5:15

No comments:

Post a Comment