Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cheat Meals and Turning 18

Yesterday was my birthday, I've finally hit the big one eight. Guess I'm officially an adult. Weird.

Having just moved to Boston, I really haven't had a chance to meet any new people. Though I'm sure I will eventually, especially once college starts, just don't think of me as some anti-social hermit. I spent my birthday with my sisters, no crazy parties or night out this year (there'll be plenty in college). It was all quite pleasant.

Anyone who knows me or follows this blog knows that I have some neurotic eating habits. In a nutshell, I eat like a caveman. Avoiding foods like grains, sugar, legumes, and dairy (though I'm not too strict when it comes to legumes and dairy). But every once in a while, it's nice to take a break and cheat. It helps keep me sane.

Let's see how it all played out...

Breakfast started out pretty Paleo. I usually just have some bacon and eggs but today I felt like having something a little extra. Hence a breakfast of: chicken liver, bacon, cheese poppers coupled with a cheese omelet (I've got a thing for organ meats).


After breakfast, my sisters and I went out dorm shopping. Unfortunately, this was the only day we were all free. Not much to talk about here but here's a picture:

This is where it all starts. For lunch I had a burrito that was too big (I have yet to get used to American sized portions). With rice, beans, and sour cream, I realized that the burrito was probably Paleo's biggest enemy. But it's not over yet...


Here is the 12 ounce frozen yogurt I had for dessert, topped with brownies, peanut butter cups, chocolate syrup, coconut flakes, and fruit. Can you say SUGAR?


I was stuffed, and returned to my sister's apartment for some much needed rest. It's been a while since I've felt the afternoon dip in energy that I used to get before going Paleo. My other sister crashed and took a nap while I struggled to stay awake, replying birthday congrats on Facebook, an exhausting process in itself.

My sisters later took me to go watch the movie Inception. I loved it. Christopher Nolan is a genius. I could probably write another whole post on that movie, perhaps I will some other day.

Dinner was basically a repeat of lunch. An over sized anti-Paleo meal followed by an excessively sweet dessert. More pictures:

Breaded pork cutlets with rice, some veggies (probably stir-fried in processed vegetable oil), an egg, and bubble milk tea.

Me and my sister with a bigass bowl of shaved ice. Can you say MORE SUGAR?

My brother wasn't able to make it to my birthday yesterday so he's taking us out for yet another birthday dinner. I'll try to keep it Paleo tonight, but then again I might not.

And finally, a big thanks to my two sisters for taking me out and paying for everything on my birthday. I had a good time.

My other sister with a guitar shaped spatula and a brand new copy of Good Calories, Bad Calories. She really knows how to pick good birthday presents. Thanks.

In other news, my sister is a graphic designer and I've been talking to her about some new designs for the blog. The current layout is quite bland so stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. yay jimbeenabo! glad you enjoyed ur bday - let's do it again next year :D

    ReplyDelete