Saturday, August 7, 2010

An Introduction

With bloggers like Mark Sisson, Robb Wolf, and Richard Nikoley, the Paleo movement is definitely spreading. However, as famous as these people are among the Paleolithic community, they only make up a small fraction of the total number of bloggers out there. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, just visit the Free the Animal Blogroll on Richard Nikoley's excellent site.

So what's one to do with all these Paleo blogs? Like any other Paleo believer, I was curious and had a lot of questions as to how to approach my newly adopted lifestyle. It didn't take long for me to become way too absorbed in these blogs and fall into the trap of thinking too much. What started as a little dabbling ended in a paleolithic obsession. I would spend hours sitting in front of my computer screen reading up on insulin sensitivity, gluten-content, barefoot running, strength training, and natural movement instead of going outside, getting some sun, socializing, and actually embracing the Paleolithic concepts I set out to do in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the wealth of knowledge that these bloggers have provided is incredible and definitely come recommended. However, one has to be careful unless they want to become a Paleo nut like me.
Then why start a blog at all? Wouldn't that just be adding fuel to the fire? By starting a blog, wouldn't I just become more obsessed?
My answer is no. The purpose of this blog is to document my journey in developing optimal health and fitness, while also trying to maintain my sanity. It is a personal project of mine to help me reflect and stay grounded. Furthermore, I hope that by reading this blog, people will realize that not all Paleo bloggers are Paleo experts who eat squeaky clean, shunning grains and sugar effortlessly, reciting lines from our Paleo bible (The Primal Blueprint, which I haven't actually read) on the blasphemies of insulin spikes all the while. Some of us, just happen to be regular people.

In summary, I am going to write in list-form because conclusions are just too damn tiring to pull off in prose.

What this blog is:
  • A documentation of my personal journey with the Paleo lifestyle.
  • My life. Yes, there will be the occasional post that is unrelated to Paleo. Deal with it.
  • Advice on how I believe the Paleo lifestyle should be adopted
What this blog is NOT:
  • A scientific analysis of the paleolithic diet, I am by no means knowledgeable enough to do so. Instead I recommend you check out this site.
  • A definite set of guidelines to Paleo living. Everyone is different, you really have to find what works for you on your own.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment