Friday, August 20, 2010

Diane is a Real Bitch.

I'm writing this post at Panera (a bakery). Let's see if I'll be able to resist.

My week of boxing is over and I finally signed up for a membership at Crossfit Fenway. I went with the most basic plan, allowing me to attend one class a week for 18 months. No doubt a very LONG commitment. CF Fenway also has free classes for members on Saturday mornings dubbed Invasion WODs (workout of the day) so I'll probably also go to some of those. We started off with some footfire drills, a dynamic warm up and proceeded to practice handstand push ups and deadlifting form. Then we moved on to the WOD, Diane.

Diane

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Deadlifts @ 60 kg (Rx'd is 102 kg)
Handstand Push-ups scaled down to head touching ab mat (Rx'd is head to floor)

Time: 10:15

My Deadlift Bar

I'm still not sure why I do this to myself. I'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow.

I was damn tired yet know I could of pushed harder. I wasn't even deadlifting body weight! Then again, the time range recommended for this WOD is somewhere between 4-10 minutes. Guess the scaling was pretty appropriate after all. I'll do this WOD again at some point in the future. It'll be interesting to see how I improve.

Diane: I hate you.


No comments:

Post a Comment